- Fresh air- It might be cold outside, but getting fresh air can go a long way. Air is the most important element to sustain life. Fresh air can help your physical and mental health. Go step outside, take a walk, go on a run or open a window.
- Board games- Don’t be bored, play board games. The key to this is not to play alone, but invite others over to join in the fun. Getting together and playing games will be sure to put a smile on your face. Some friend time and good laughter is a great way to combat and beat the winter blues.
- Winter sports- Is winter your sport? Step outside and enjoy all the sports winter brings. The list is endless, from skiing to snowshoeing or from skating to sledding. The snow can be your best friend with the right sport.
- Hot Springs- If you just really need some heat then why not an outdoor hot tub. Gold Bug Hot Springs is located just a little over 2 hours outside Rexburg. It is well worth the trip with its fun hike to the springs and the stunning views. You can also go to Green Canyon Hot Springs or Heise Hot Springs and enjoy the hot pools at an admission price.
- Netflix Party- Want to just stay at home nice and warm but have a lot of fun? You can invite over fun friends and get good food. Then you are all set for a fun Netflix party, watching your favorite movies or TV shows. It will be a sure way to put a smile on your face and have a laugh or two.
- Romantic Dinner- If you are looking for a romantic dinner on Valentine’s Day, then we will tell you a spot that is perfect. In downtown Rexburg there is a newly remodeled Thai food restaurant called, Original Thai. Their thai food is out of this world good and their newly remodeled look makes it a perfect place for a romantic night. For more information, visit: http://www.originalthairexburg.com/.
- BYU-Idaho Valentine’s Day 5K- If being happy and active is your thing, then we have an activity for you. This year BYU-Idaho is having a Valentine’s Day 5k on February 11 from 6-10p.m. The cost is free; all you need to do is wear BYU-Idaho approved clothing. Come run your heart out. For details visit their website.
- Sugar & Spice- Sometimes you don’t need to leave the apartment or home to enjoy Valentine’s Day. A romantic family room picnic can go a long way. Take time making heart shaped sugar cookies together and your favorite spicy dinner. Light some candles and have a romantic dinner with that special someone.
- First Date Again- No one can forget their first date with their special someone. If it was a great date with butterflies flying or if everything went wrong, it’s memorable. What better time to recreate this special event then on Valentine’s Day? Have fun falling in love all over again.
- Old School Date- Want to pretend for a night that you are at a different time in life? Well girls put on your pearls and boys shine your shoes. In Idaho Falls there is a cute diner called, Smitty’s that will take you back in time with great food and a great atmosphere. Don’t stop there, find a dance or a classic movie to watch and make it a great Valentine’s Day.
5 Ideas to Beat The Winter Blues!
We might have seen a glimpse of warmer weather in the past few weeks but that doesn’t mean winter is over. Are the winter blues getting you down? If they are then don’t you worry; we have 5 fun things to do that can sweep those winter blues away. At The Village your happiness means everything to us, so let us help you beat the winter blues and help you stay busy until we get to Spring and warmer weather.
What ever you choose to do this winter, remember the words of David Cushchieri, “Look for the good in each day and you will realize that you can be as happy as you think you are.” We hope that you are having a happy winter and we hope we can help you beat the winter blues. It is almost time for Spring!
Community Post for Rexburg and surrounding areas: We strive to be involved in the awesome community and city of Rexburg. This year, we put on our annual Valentine’s Day for Veterans program!
The Village sponsors and sends Valentine Day cards to Vets each year. Last year was our first year and we saw great success. Deidre Mason said,” It was so well-received last year.” This year was no exception! We worked with a few classes last year and this year we were able to team up with an entire elementary school, Hibbard Elementary. Hibbard Elementary School really loved the event and both the teachers and students had a blast. The teachers taught the students about our Veterans and all that they have done for our country. The Standard Journal wrote that one student said,” Thank you for fighting in the past for our future.” View the entire article in The Standard Journal.
Valentine’s Day for Veteran’s has been around for years but it struck a heart string started some 30 years ago with Deidre, our apartment manager, when she would make them with her daughters and send them to Veterans. Sharing this community post with you has not only helped to spread the good that we have done but to also help continue to spread it and make it even bigger years to come. That tradition has expanded to The Village. This year they made over 600 Valentine’s Day cards. They are sending them to Boise, Salt Lake City and Pocatello. High reviews by Local 8 News, and The Standard Journal were given as they covered this event.
This tradition is one that is heart warming and will continue on. They have hopes next year to have all elementary schools in Madison School District participate. This will make it possible for them to have enough cards to send some to Washington D.C. next year.We hope this tradition will continue to grow and love will continue to be spread as this community post reaches the people of Rexburg and surrounding areas.
The Village here in Rexburg would like to wish you a very Happy Valentine’s Day to you all. We love you and hoping you are loving living here at The Village!
Valentine’s Day is just right around the corner and The Village has you covered with great date ideas. Can you smell the roses in the air? Take a look at our list of fun, easy ideas. We try to come up with fun simple date ideas that keep your close to home and help to keep your budget under control. There are plenty of other fun things to do on Valentine’s Day but if you want to have fun with that special someone, enjoy our list below!
Whatever you do this Valentine’s Day, remember it’s special because you are with someone that is special. Happy Valentine’s Day from the Village! We love you!